Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sharing the Geocaching Hobby

I have met a number of business people at a local business lunch group I attend each week to share ideas and business leads.  At each luncheon someone takes a turn at doing a talk to the group about their business, they are always interesting and informative.   I also take my turn at doing these 30 minute talks but I am not always talking about business, I also talk about my interests which never fail to introduce others to hobbies they had never considered.
Not long ago after hearing about my interest in GeoCaching one of he members asked for more information on how to get started, which as you can guess, I was more than happy to share.  It's been a few months now and she has managed to get her daughter out GeoCaching and ding one more Geocacher to our hobby.   Last Tuesday she was telling me that her parents had expressed an interest in GeoCaching and she was going down to visit them in Arizona, then they were taking a road trip to San Diego.  She asked, if I would help here put together a pocket query with he caches along the route from Phoenix to San Diego.   I was so pleased that the interest is still there and that she is introducing even more people to GeoCaching that of course I was glad to help.   I have even loaned her my Garmin GPS for her trip since she was just using her iPhone.   I am sure they are goig to have a blast and some great stories to share when she gets back.

Bill

Your Comments are Welcomed and Appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment