Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

GeoCache. . . Build it and they will come

Over the time I have been Geocaching I have found that I get just as much fun out of creating and placing caches as I do hunting for them.  I never saw it coming, in fact, when I first started Geocaching I never gave any thought to placing caches.  One winters day it was too cold to go caching I found myself checking out Google Earth and started thinking of interesting places caches could be placed.  Well, it wasn't, long before  placed my first Cache, a Camo taped pill bottle in a spruce tree.  When Geocachers started finding it and leaving comments about their journey and find, I was hooked.  I then started contemplating how I could make the Caches more interesting and fun.

The next thing I knew I created a James Bond 007, theme of caches.   There are so many movies and characters that I have just scratched the surface and I have even drawn from a YouTube video called "the Duck does James Bonds dirty work"  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jH7HrsXf48k  , yeah it's a duck, a decoy floating in a ditch in the country, I get lots of fun comments on this one.  Another called Miss Money Penny, which is filled with pennies and while it is not too difficult too find I have been asked for hints.

All in all, the many facets of Geocaching make it a most rewarding hobby, so if you haven't already, start putting out some caches of your own and try being creative you'll love the comments.


James Bond - GOLD FINGER

The Duck is doing James Bond's Dirty Work

James Bond - Man with the Golden Gun

Miss Moneypenny

For Your Eyes Only


Keep Cachin'
  Bill



Your Comments are Welcomed and Appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment